Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mabb's Ranch

For Father's day this year my family took me on a surprise trip to a place called Mabb's Ranch. http://www.mabbsranch.com/maps.html It's a private campground in Arizona near the Mogollon (mug-ee-on) Rim. (the band with the same name is from the area)

For those of you who are not aware, Arizona has some beautiful pine forests running through our state. Mabb's Ranch is in the Sitgreaves National Forest. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/ Sigreaves happens to be the worlds largest Ponderosa Pine forest. Check out the Forest Service link above and check it out. You'll be amazed.

Anyway, back to Father's Day. Mabb's Ranch offers campsite rentals that have onsite travel trailers to stay in. We rented a 28 foot 5th wheel trailer that was already hooked up with electricity and water. That was wonderful because the last time I slept in a tent with a sleeping bag I couldn't walk upright for a week.

So we had a great time. We all went, my wife (aka the wife), my 15 y/o son (aka KilterT), my 7 y/o daughter (aka luckygirl) and myself (Spec4-J).

Here are some of the pictures for your enjoyment:


left to right: KilterT, Spec4-J, and Luckygirl cookin dogs.

Luckygirl playing with another girl she met at the campsite.

Does a bear pee in the woods?

Now thats a fire!

Luckygirl and KilterT hanging around the fire.

Luckygirl and the wife waiting to go out riding quads.

Luckygirl on Bailey the horse who was being led by the wife.

Luckygirl on Bailey again being let by the wife.

No comments: