Thursday, April 16, 2009

My New Job


I am very happy to announce that I am the newest member of our training instructional design department group.

I have been hoping to get involved in instructional design for a little over a year now. I had my first experience a couple of years back when I was working with another designer on a course that I was responsible for. I asked if I could learn a little of it and I really enjoyed it.

Since then I have been trying to help our ID group on small projects when they have need and I have available time to dedicate. Most recently I was assigned to a small project that went very well and received great feedback. That helped me to get the job full time.

This was my 3rd attempt. Each time I went through the interview process I felt good about my performance but those that were hired before me for the 1st two positions were also excellent choices.

I guess 3's a charm. This time I preped for several hours and received coaching from a couple of the managers in my department. As soon as the interview was over I knew that I nailed it and was offered the job the next day.

One unique situation about this job is that I will be working in a different state from the rest of my team. I am in Phoenix while my team is based in Cleveland.

I have been in Cleveland this whole week meeting my new supervisor and my new team. I feel really lucky. My new boss seems really cool and I feel like I have already been accepted as part of the team.

Well, Monday morning when I'm back home I should be able to hit the ground running. We have lots of projects underway and I've already been given my 1st assignment.

Looking forward to it. I'll try to keep you posted as I learn the new job.

No comments: