Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

It's Memorial Day and I'm here at work. Luckily I'm only working until about 2:30 or so.

I have burgers and Nathan's waiting for me to grill when I get home. That's what Memorial Day is all about right?

Well, that is one good thing about it, spending time with the family. I think we generally forget what Memorial Day really means while we're busy with our BBQ grills and having fun.

Memorial Day started as Decoration Day after the Civil War. It was a day to go and decorate the graves of the deceased so that if they were forgotten throughout the year, at least there would be one day set aside to remember them.

Take some time today to remember the fallen. Whether it's someone you've known that has passed away or a soldier you never met who has died fighting for their country. Just take a minute to think about it.

No comments: