Monday, June 2, 2008

Miss Me?

Has anyone missed me? I have not posted in about a week.

I took last Thursday and Friday off from work to stay home with my kids, beginning of Summer Break and all.

Now I'm back at my jolly job. Today I do not have a class to teach so we generally keep busy with all the administrative stuff. Since I teach estimating on damaged vehicles sometimes that means creating damage. Lots of fun. How many of you have jobs where you get to beat up cars? I even have special tools for the task so that the damage doesn't look fake.

Tomorrow I'll be teaching a level 2 property damage class. I enjoy teaching all the levels of PD. I mainly teach PD1 but I also get involved in PD2 and PD3 and I'm the lead administrator for Pre-PD which is an online course.

One of the reasons that I enjoy training so much is that I get to get on my soapbox and rant about things. I've worked hard at developing this skill. It didn't come easy for me at first. I was a little bit shy and introverted. This job has definitely changed that. I no longer have an inside voice and now I always feel the need to be the center of attention. Ask anyone that knows me, I tend to be a little over the top. Ah well, there's worse things.

It's getting late here so I think I'll knock off for the day.
Until next time.............................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed you. I check everyday and was sad there was not new posting.

I agree that you have become a pain in the a**. You definately have become more outspoken and the center of attention. (which all used to be my job) Luckily we have been married for almost 17 years now and I allow you to be this braty person you have become. haha

You are lucky to have a job you love. Most people dont.