Friday, June 6, 2008

Let's Talk Tattoos



I have a tattoo of this flag patch on my right arm. I've had it for some time now and it's the only tattoo on that arm. I have been looking for something new to add. The flag is not as high as this soldier is wearing it. Mine is low enough to be just covered by my shirt sleeve when I wear short sleeves.
I want to add something either beside it our above it sometime in the near future. Anyone have any good ideas? I'm thinking about keeping with the patriotic theme on that side. I don't l ike the cartoonish type tattoos, preferring photo realism as it has much more detail.
I like animals and was thinking about getting a lion or a leopard there but I'm not sure it really fits with the flag. My wife insists it must be a bald eagle along wtih my flag. Does anyone else have an opinion.
Here's a picture of an eagle that I found and I think it looks pretty cool. Does anyone know if a tattoo artist could even do something like this. It's an awful lot of true black and I've also heard white isn't a good color for tattoos when used extensively.
One thing for sure, this eagle looks serious. That's what I like most about it. I'd like to hear thoughts on this if anyone has an opinion or knows much about tattoos.

No comments: