Monday, July 28, 2008

We have visitors from Virginia!!!

Yeah!!! The girls are finally here from VA!! We have my 2 nieces visiting for about a week. My kids are soooo excited to see them! Well....me too of course! So far, they have mostly been swimming and playing video games and hangin out with some of my sons friends.

Yesterday we went to the Wildlife Zoo in Campe Verde AZ....I thought I would post some of the pictures for you to see....it was "pAWSOME"...
We got to go on a Safari ride and fee the giraffe carrots. Some of us even fed the giraffe the carrot from our mouths...to get a giraffe kiss...this is one of the girls feeding the giraffe the carrot...she pulled away before the giraffe could "kiss" her....cant say I blame her that giraffe uses TONGUE!!! Grossss!!! But still quite an exciting opportunity all the same.









We saw a really cool tiger show....the tigers played/popped balloons and balls...they chased shoes and especially love a baseball mit. They are not trained to do the show..the keepers are only out they with the toys to get the tigers interest and then the tiger behave however they want...which is usually chasing the toys and people....by the way...tigers run much faster then people so they always caught what they wanted. In fact at one point one got ahold of a trainers foot and would not let go until a couple other trainers came over and clapped and made noise to get her to release!


















We even got to feed the tigers after the show....












This is my youngest niece....





This is her sister... also feeding the tiger....















This is my daughter feeding the tiger
























This is my son feeding the tiger...of course my husband and I fed them also...




We saw lots of cool animals and had a good time....but for now I need to go...maybe I will be back later and post some more photos for you! Love and hugs!

No comments: