Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Divided

Here is a painting that I created for Sheboss.

The big one on the left is painted on four seperate 16 x 16 square canvases and placed on the wall with a slight seperation between each one. This is hanging in my living room now.

The painting was inspired by a piece called The Divide II by Max Hansen. My wife fell in love with it so I decided to try to make someting similar.

This painting is the final product of several mess ups. There are many, many layers of paint on this because I had to cover the entire thing and start over at least five times. I'm really happy with the end result.

The smaller one in the frame is an earlier painting I did for Sheboss. I think they look good together.

Sorry about the poor photography, there was too much glare when I took the photo straight on or used flash.

No comments: