Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wooden Tiles

I know I haven't blogged in a while. I really haven't painted anything in a couple of months. I started on something that I couldn't get to look like my vision of it. It led me to avoid the painting. Finally, I decided not to do the painting so I hope that will help me get back to painting other things.

This one is called Wooden Tiles. It's more of a sculpture than a painting although you probably can't see that in the 2 dimensional picture.

I cut out several small squares of wood. I glued smaller blocks of wood on the back of the tiles of all varying sizes. The small blocks are all differnt sizes and angles. As a result, no two tiles are mounted the same. Then I painted each time individually and voila.

Wooden Tiles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of time and work went into it. Although it does not look like your regular work, I like it, it is beautiful. Looking forward for your next one. LOVE.